Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Uncertainty

I'm sorry, Lord, for the times i relied on my own strength, rather than Yours.
I seek You, time and time again, to speak to my heart.
I long to hear Your voice, but my ears and heart still feel ever deaf.
Are You trying to speak to me, but i'm not hearing enough?
Are You trying to call me, but i'm not within calling distance?
Have i drifted that far unknowingly?
Am i seeking and asking with the wrong intentions? It can't be. There's no selfish purpose in merely wanting and longing to be able to have such an intimate relationship with You, to be ascertained of Your voice when You speak to me.
Or am i trying too hard?
I know there's more to life..but why doesn't it feel so?
Where is the joy? Where is the love? Where is the peace?
Why is there passion for Your ministry, yet no joy?

2 comments:

Ruth said...

i have the passion but i despise the people. hence, i despise the ministry as weeks pass. and with that, i feel further from God. =/ but i don't feel happy nor joyful serving anymore.

allyz said...

i've been thinking..and i realised this. real passion for the ministry comes when u genuinely love and care for the people in it, be it ur co-workers,or the people whose lives you want to touch.

maybe thats why the joy is gone,n the passion feels dead. Cos there's no love for the people. God is love. And when there's no love, God feels far too.