Tuesday, April 7, 2009

F.E.A.R

Ever since Jan 2009, i've wanted to go to certain places within Malaysia, and Bukit Tabur was one of the places i intended to go in my "to-do" list. However, as days draw closer to the weekend of which i am supposed to go hiking at Bukit Tabur, i can feel the insides of my stomach churning, and my heart is so not at peace, with daunting thoughts and images floating around in my head.

About a week ago, 2 experienced hikers who are doctors by profession fell to their death while hiking at Bukit Tabur. And before this case, there has been numerous cases of accidents and fatalities. However, on a positive note, there are also those who managed and succeeded the climb. Nonetheless, everyone offers the same advice. The Bukit Tabur hike is NOT to be taken lightly. No matter what happens, NEVER let go off the rope.

I'm really having second thoughts about this hike. I don't think i'm physically and emotionally fit to endure whatever lies ahead in this challenge. I know i have a weak upper body strength, and that worries me to the core! How on earth will i manage climbing steep and rocky mountain ridges and vertical drops? Compared to all my previous "adventures", I've never experienced such uneasiness before. Arghhhh!!

The view is going to be awesome. The experience, definitely worthwhile. BUT, the risk, is terribly daunting! I need this excapade, yet..it gives me more stress than it should.

Should i go for it? Or should i trust my instincts which tell me not to go?

urrghhh. i don't know.

O ye of little faith... (speaking to myself)

No comments: