Friday, October 30, 2009

Help me with my change

I realize I do this alot. Whenever i'm at my lowest feeling frustrated, demoralised, weighed down... I would resort to one thing. I will say this one thing. And I say it everytime.
" I think it's my hair..i think i need to cut it / put on a different style / do something to it..whatever.."
Like seriously! I always blame it on the hair, being too long, flat, boring etc and hence, the weighed down feeling. Any remedial action I take to change must always begin with the hair. I honestly don't know why this obsession with the hair.

Anyway, lately, i've been feeling like crap. My life isn't too bad, I know and I shouldnt be complaining but yet, I'm just so mad at myself. I am living such a horribly lazy lifestyle of no exercise, no massive social gatherings, no studies, no challenge, NO GOAL! Actually, that's wrong. I do have goals! I'm just not doing anything about them. Arrgggghhhhh...

So i've decided. I need to cut my hair. I need to do something different to it, to give me back the self-esteem I need. With great hair, hopefully, comes great confidence. And with great confidence, comes greater enthusiasm to make a change to myself and this horrid lifestyle I'm carrying.

Shaun gave me this offer at my last visit to Trendz.
DYE + CUT + TREATMENT = RM100.
Not sure if the offer still stands but i'll try and ask him next week. I honestly don't know if it's a good deal.. Is it too cheap or expensive? Is it worth it?

** Friends who are reading my blog (i know it's not many) but I would appreciate if you could share your thoughts if it's a worthwhile deal. Cos I'm such a virgin when it comes to hair. All I've ever done to my hair was cut and wash, and a very mild highlight (after much persuasion from Benji, that is). I've never treated it, never permed, never curled, never dyed..so my knowledge is zero in this aspect. I would also need your suggestions on which of the following hairstyles would suit me. Please please pweeeeeaasseee help me out.. here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

************************

option 1
not a very practical option cos i would need to keep trimming.
but bangs are so hot. it gives one the confidence to carry the protagonistic attitude.
then again, not everyone looks good in bangs la.

option 2
i'm definitely cutting my hair like this.
but should i dye my hair like this? i kinda like the edgy vibe it gives.
maybe instead of blonde, i'll go for maroon?
blonde seems too punk, more for an artist rather than a chemist. lol
but its the blonde than gives the edgy-ness, i think.
feedbacks pleaseee??

option 3
or would i look better dye-ing my entire head like this? rather than just the fringe?

option 4
very interesting. but definitely wont suit me right?
then again, with slight modifications, minus the irregular lengths, etc it could turn out nice..
hmm...


option 5
honestly, i'm really tempted to curl my entire head / hair like this.
but i dare not take the risk cos if it turns out horrid, i'll have to straighten my hair, and i'll end up looking like a mop instead!
but i really really like her look. would it suit me, you think?

************************

All comments would be greatly appreciated, peeps. If the haircut turns out well, all who contributed in one way or another with their wise suggestions would be greatly rewarded with a nice dinner. I promise. When I feel good, I'll be even more generous. =)
Plus, i hope you care enough about me to want to help me get out of this rut i'm in by supporting and guiding me through this 1st step of change i take.
Thanks first and foremost, guys!

4 comments:

Voon said...

the first one is definitely out... unless you wanna go around looking for a tease

allyz said...

hi voon! looking for a tease?? but why?? it looks slutty ke?

carmen said...

hey alicia! I think your hair looks great but if you want a change...why not.
I think the bangs in picture 1 looks cool. Option 2 is definitely you...but don't go blonde. Option 3 is pretty safe I guess (the cut).
And I've straightened my hair before and I regretted it like crazy cos it was so flat (but I don't, know you might like it).
Anyway I always feel terrible after hair cuts but after a while I grow to like it so don't worry if it doesn't turn out the way you wanted.
Plus we're young, if you don't dye your hair red now, when will you?
Haha looking forward to seeing the picture from your new do!

carmen

allyz said...

oh carmen, my new hairdo is so NOT exciting! its like 4 inches shorter from my previous length, with the front being longer than the back. the hairdresser said i cant cut exactly like the picture cos my hair doesnt have the volume or something like that...too flat at the back i guess..so depressing!! and the highlight charges were crazy high man..so i decided not to go blonde..hehe..
its not a drastic change after all..maybe when i feel better, i will get mom to just color my hair for me..hehe, save cost! ;)

our hair can be such a menace sometimes..