Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lost and confused.again.

It's really frustrating when you don't know what your direction is in life. Some people say, "Claim your life! You decide who you want to be". Is it truly so? Do we really have the deciding power, or Him above? Some say, God gives us options in life, and we need to be accountable for the decisions we make. He gives us the freedom of choice. But I've also heard of and done prayers saying that "not my will be done, but Yours". The latter implies that God has a will or purpose for each and everyone of us already. So then, it brings me back to the question, who decides our direction in life? Option A: We do. B. God does. C. It's a mix of both. Setting a direction for our own lives is an action resulting from the authority we think we have upon our life. But if we are believers of Christ, this life we have isn't exactly ours, it was ransomed and made new in Christ. We live because of His grace and mercy. Our lives belong to Him. So do we then have the rights to exercise such authoritative power on the decisions we make concerning our life? Then again, not everyone has the gift of hearing God speak to them and telling them if the decisions made are right or wrong. So it's pretty much going by faith!

These thoughts are somewhat contradictory and non-conclusive. And i'm back at square one again.

My point is, i just feel really lost. I've been working for more than 1 1/2 years, and I'm nearly quarter a century old, and I still don't know what my passion in life is, what do i want to major in, what's my direction in life etc etc etc. If i plan for tomorrow, it is as though i'm disrespecting God and boasting about tomorrow when my life is indeed uncertain. But on the other side of the coin, how can one live a purposeful and fulfilling life without setting directions and goals?

Again, square one.
And ever as lost.

Maybe i'm reading between the lines too much. Sigh.


2 comments:

peebs said...

Too much. But yea it somehow makes sense as well. I guess just make plans. Your plans might be what God wants you to do. And I believe that if its not God's will, He will have a say about it.

Like you deco for the wedding :) Very simple and looks good. I want to be a wedding planner too! We should open our own shop ;o)

allyz said...

Hey Emma, sorry i took long to reply this. And thanks! we should so open a shop together. ;)

But wedding planning is not easy yo.. i underestimated it, until i became part of it and went thru it and saw how tough a job it is..

Update your blog,babe! :)