Saturday, July 23, 2016

Sisterly surprise

This is too sweet, silly and funny to be forgotten - hence the blog post. :)

So, Becky is back home for a couple of days for a medical course. She wanted to surprise mom, dad and I so she didn't tell any of us that she was coming home. She schemed a surprise plan with Ruth. I don't really know how the surprise for mom and dad went, but this is how MY surprise went. *can't stop smiling just thinking about it*

***
Scene: I was home alone, watching a Korean drama on my laptop. I saw a car stopped in front of the house so I got suspicious and rushed to the door to see who it might be. Everything looked like normal? My car was parked outside and so was Mom's. I disregarded my suspicion and returned to watching the Korean drama on my laptop, on the couch.

A few minutes later, the gate opens and someone runs to the door. I of course assumed it was going to be Ruth. A very high pitched voice calls out, "May Yi!!!" - a very very familiar voice. I turned and there she was, standing at the door. I was fazed, for like 3 seconds, before it hit me - BECKY IS HOME???!!!  I rushed to open the door for her and we hugged and laughed like silly girls. 

The conversation that followed....

Me: Hahahaha, how come you're here? I thought you were Ji Yi (Ruth). How did you come? Denise sent you home? Is Denise on leave and back here too?
Becky: Hahahaha, I wanted to surprise you.... I've actually been back for a few days. Had a course to attend. 
Me: Ahhh, is that why Ji Yi wanted to organize the family dinner for tonight? Was that the original surprise plan? 
Becky: Ya sort of but not really lah. I had dinner plans already. Mom nearly blew the surprise when she replied in the family group chat that we can't do the dinner on Friday night cos I was supposed to have dinner plans with the Korean doctors. I was actually home with her at that time and I screamed from upstairs "MOM!!! MAY YI IS NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT I'M HOME. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A SURPRISE!!!"

Becky then repeated her conversation with mom that day....

Becky: MOM!!! MAY YI IS NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT I'M HOME. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A SURPRISE!!!
Mom: Oh yaaaa!! Sorry sorry I forgot....but nevermind, don't worry - May Yi is quite dumb. She won't realize.
(I should be offended that my mom thinks i'm dumb but i don't know why I find it more hilarious than offensive)
Becky: Hahahaha, yeah yeah she's quite dumb. Nevermind, I can fix this. I'll cover up by saying something else. (So both Becky and Mom pretended it was a mix up of dates in the family group chat.)

***

I suppose I can be quite blonde, or dumb at times; maybe most times but who cares? Blonde moments always make a good story for a good laugh. :) 

Sweet surprises never fail to make me happy. Thanks for making me happy today, my dear sister. x


No comments: