Thursday, December 8, 2016

Would you take that leap of faith?

Questions I ask myself every time I get to "crossroad" moments in life - "What is my purpose? What are His plans for me?" I find myself asking these questions again today, being at a crossroad; undecided on the path that I should take next; for two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both, knowing how way leads on to way, being a traveller, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could, to where it bent in the undergrowth. O the wise and timeless words of Robert Frost.

There's been an internal opening for the position Asset Commercial Lead. I was asked today if I was keen in applying for the role or to be included in the list of candidates as they are in the midst of shortlisting potential candidates for the role and apparently a few people have brought up my name in the conversations as a good candidate and that the role could possibly be of interest to me.

Commercial exposure/experience would definitely be a means of meeting the long-term goal. But it's a stiff competition. There are other potential candidates being considered and I have zero commercial experience or knowledge. Plus, there's just a tonne of things to do in aviation safety next year and how could I give up my cosy doorless corner office? It was only wise to consult the Boss with my dilemma. "I may not be selected at the end, but should I just give it a try? Would you encourage and support me to try/test my luck?" Yes he said, along with a dose of encouragement and optimism, that I stand a very good chance at it.

Would you take that leap of faith? of thrusting yourself into the unknown, letting adrenaline to solely be the driver? Why must the thrill of soaring begin with the fear of falling?

But fear, I shall not.

No comments: