Thursday, April 6, 2017

The frailty of life

It is not the years in our lives that count, but the life in our years.
It is not the duration of our lives that count, but the donation of our lives.
 
 
Thank you, Sir Loh - for investing in me; for seeing the potential in me when no one else did, for always pushing me to conquer my fears and insecurities when I was a teen. Thanks to you, I had the opportunity and confidence to deliver my first public speaking at the age of 16. Thanks to you, I had the exposure and opportunity to worship lead in BB and in church. Thanks to you, I had my first taste of event planning and management at the tender age of 16. Because of you, I had my first missions exposure to Cambodia. Because of you, my teenage life was enjoyable and memorable. And that has made all the difference.
 
It broke my heart to watch you laying lifeless when I've always known and seen you to be so full of life.
 
It is a privilege to have known you and be mentored by you. You've changed my life. I would not be the person I am today if it wasn't for your mentorship, faith and encouragement. Your memories and legacies will live on through the lives of those you've so faithfully mentored.
 
May you rest in peace.

 

No comments: