Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Miss...

The 7 things I miss...inspired by Miley Cyrus's 7 things :)

I miss traveling.
Being in New Zealand was exactly what I wanted to experience and how I wanted to feel..away from my comfort-zone a.k.a. home, meeting new people, making new friends, feeling God's love and hungering for more of Him, at peace and feeling laid-back most of the time, and the list probably goes on.. Been going through some pictures of friends and acquaintances who are overseas and I don't know why but the crave of wanting to be in their position is suddenly so strong..they look so happy and the places look great. I am envious of their opportunity to be there, to the extent of even contemplating further studies overseas (the recent drop in the forex rates seem somewhat like a good sign of approval from above as well). I really want to be somewhere else rather than where I am now. I want the chance to have a fresh start elsewhere..cos' I know I need it and it'll do me good..I realize that it's part of my personality. It's hard for me to start afresh, without being in a different place.. Some may ask, "Why do you even want to start afresh? Things ain't going well enough for you?" To be honest, certain aspects of my life doesn't feel right. Everything is okay but it still doesn't feel right. I know I'm meant to do something better than this. I know what I'm passionate about. I know that I can achieve and give so much more. It should feel right but it doesn't. And that feeling itself bugs me...to the core.. Others say "It's all in the mind! Can't you just imagine you're somewhere else and still start afresh?" Hello! Easier said than done! If my imaginations and power of the mind were that great and powerful, I'd be writing novels, directing a movie and doing acting! But while writing this post, I realize that perhaps, it is my will for change that isn't strong enough. I mop around in emo-ness but I don't do anything to get out of that state. And this is something many of us actually do, consciously and subconsciously. But anyhow, to sum it all in a lighter note, before it gets too lengthy and emofying, traveling is definitely something I'm very much passionate about. It inspires me in so many ways..so many ways.. :)

I miss school days.
I had the best time of my life in school. Great environment, great friends, great teachers, great almost everything! but not in university, surprisingly! For some, it's the other way around. I suppose I never really made the effort to make my university days a blast. Possibly one of my biggest regrets in life is not making the most of uni days; not living life to the fullest when I could.
Back in school, it was all natural. We were naturally crazier, naturally closer, naturally fun people to be with..
Hard to believe but believe it. I was once so fun to be with! Everything we did always had a dosage of fun and laughter in it. I remember having a friend comment that I was a little too hyper too. Sadly, not anymore though..unless I'm with the right bunch of friends :) I really miss that part of me.. I really miss those days and friends back then..why do people change? why do circumstances change us? why is it so difficult to relive those moments and rekindle that connection once again? why oh why..

I miss eating KFC.
Enough said. It's been too long a wait. I shall treat myself TONIGHT, by hook or crook. Can't wait till' we're face to face again, oh KFC.. :)

I miss my teenage love affair.
Bitter-sweet moments. Nothing says it better than this.
"Can't wait to get home, baby dial your number
Can you pick up the phone; cause I wanna holla
Daydreamin' bout you, all day in school
Can't concentrate, wanna hear your voice in my ear
Till momma come and say it's too late
Cause the lights are on outside
Wish there was somewhere to hide
Cause I just don't want to say goodbye

Hey boy, you know I really like being with you
Just hanging out is fun.."

I miss Cambodia!
Cambodia Missions Exposure Trip, 2006. Great experience, great bunch of people I went with, had so much unexpected fun, great food and of course....great EXPOSURE! It's really a humbling experience to see how the Cambodian kids can still stay cheery and happy despite their predicaments. They showed such great depth of brotherly "agape" love for us, like we were never strangers in their lives, but brothers and sisters.. Being in Cambodia was a good wake-up call.
I wish I had a time-machine. Cos' I don't ever want to forget the lessons learnt, the times spent, and the friendship made. :)

I miss growing.
I've stopped growing taller! Any growth observed would only be sideways, how unfortunate. I think I had a growth spurt once in Form 3. Ai Ming, a classmate actually thought she was shrinking because I got taller than her! haha! Yups! Had that big glee on me when I heard her say that. Anyway, it was only that one time and then it stopped. I've been the same height for ages now. I really do miss growing :(

I miss having a flat tummy.
I've seriously put on some weight. Some say it's good cos' I look better, not like some scrawny bulimic person but I have mixed feelings about it. There's an extra burden. I now need to worry about concealing my "2-months" tummy. Haha! I'm too lazy to exercise too. And my appetite is crazy! My cravings are like raging hormones! My bad..

* Finally, it's done ...


1 comment:

jazz said...

Aww.. cheer up, Ally. =)