Wednesday, January 7, 2009

X-ploration

1st post for the year 2009! woohoooo!
* finally, i have something to blog about.. hmm..

Anyway...

I really like exploring new places, hence, the title to the post.

Why do i like exploring new places? Well, i suppose the adventure is exhilarating and somewhat motivating as well. I've come to realize that new places inspire me and give me a renewed enthusiasm for life. A positive outlook is what i desperately need now!

So what do i do when i have some free time off work but during office hours? I surf for interesting places to visit or go. I check out the reviews written and pictures taken of these such places and i realize how much i've been "hiding" in that tiny shell of comfort of mine, missing out on the many wonders of God's creation all these while. And these places are really close to home actually. Ignorant me!

So well, if there's ONE resolution that i have for this year, it would be to explore more. Currently, i do have some countries in mind..but nonetheless, or more importantly, i have some interesting places within Malaysia that i "die die also must go"..


Currently on the list, i.e. in the midst of planning :)

Sunrise @ Broga Hill
Apparently it is the place to go to catch the sunrise. Honestly, i have not heard of Broga Hill until a colleague told me to check out her Broga Hill pictures on her blog and seeing the pictures taken during the trek flamed my interest. Since it is considerably close to home, i have to check it out.
There are 3 summits altogether. The 1st summit is a great spot to catch the sunrise. The 2nd summit, is said to be much windier and offers a great view of the surrounding rolling hills. The 3rd summit offers a great view of the 2nd summit. It's a short and easy trek all in all. Estimated time of completing all 3 summits, to and fro is by afternoon. Sounds alright to me..hmm..

Bukit Tabur
Also known as Bukit Hangus, this hill is of quartz/limestone combination formation. The Gombak Forest Reserve and Klang Gates Dam are beside the hill so apparently the peak offers a spectacular view of the dam.
A challenging and rocky trek. Bring it on, man!

Mamutik Island
, Sabah
Met a friend's boyfriend who is from KK, Sabah recently and so, i had to ask him about Mamutik, an island that i read of while stalking some famous person's blog. It's been bugging me for a while now why Mamutik isn't a famous tourist spot in KK. So this is what i discovered.. Apparently, Sabahans try not to talk about Mamutik so much because they fear it might end up being overused and overpopulated like Manukan. Manukan beach is overrated but Mamutik is definitely underrated. Apparently, it is also one of Sabah's treasured island..which explains why they want to protect it so much. Anyway, the place looks awesome just from pictures..so imagine the real thing! I need to check it out for myself. Beach, bikini, boys, booze.. ooolaaalaaa!

Pulau Tiga
, Sabah
Here's where they filmed one season of Survivors. Nuff said.


** it's only 4 places so far, but i don't want to get too ambitious and fail to achieve NONE at the end. Set my goals reasonably and i'll be able to achieve them..God-willing.. :)
I'll have some pictures of the places when the real x-ploration begins!
Can't wait!


Cheers to 2009!

7 comments:

jazz said...

it's good to explore. =) enjoy life rite?

Lois said...

Can I join you for the Broga Hill , sunrise?

it's near my house , and it was my very first mountain climb in my BB life . wish to go again !

allyz said...

jas :
yeaps, trying to enjoy life! :)

lois :
yay! thanks,lois..you can be my guide then!;) i'll call u when i've set the date and confirmed everything, alright?

Lois said...

Ally , I must tell you that I'm a typical girl that have low sense of direction .hahahahaha

But I can ask people around me ...hehehe....pls don't fling me up !

soo said...

i will be joining!! dun worry... i have a very good sense of direction as i mentioned to ally!! :)

allyz said...

lois, soo's been there so she doesnt mind being our guide and going to Broga Hill,AGAIN! haha..

but apparently, i heard that there is a shorter route?

hmm..u know anything bout it?

Lois said...

I never been there for 13 years !
My friend told me there are 2 routes to climb up the hill . But normally they just use one of it .

I don't know if there is a short cut or not . It's just a small mountain , we're able to reached the peak in short time i think ~